Burnham Marathon Challenge 2018 – The results!
Thank you to everyone who joined in yesterday’s Marathon Challenge in Burnham Park. It was a great turn out on an extremely hot day and there were some incredible personal and team results!
It was lovely to see families and groups of friends and colleagues running or walking together and encouraging one another and there were many inspiring stories from participants who had overcome personal and health challenges. Whether people completed one lap or 42 laps, every medal presented was very well deserved.
- A total of 108 people took part ranging in age from 3 to 96.
- In total 528 laps of the one kilometre path were completed which equates to 12.5 marathons. (One marathon = 42.2 kilometres)
- A total of 49 people completed 5 laps or more, including 15 who ran or walked at least 10.
- The overall winner was Dr Simon Daily who had pledged to complete a full marathon during the course of the day. He set off at 9am and completed his marathon around 2pm. An amazing achievement! Well done Simon!
- The next highest distance covered was by Christine Smith who determinedly walked 13 laps. Another great result, congratulations Christine!
- Amongst the teams of runners or walkers, this year’s winners were St Peter’s School PTA who between them completed an impressive 104 laps (2.5 marathons).
- In second place were Pop Goes the Choir with 68 laps (1.6 marathons), closely followed by Burnham Health Centre with 67 laps and Burnham Joggers with 59 laps.
- The Simply Walk and St Mary’s Church teams each completed a half marathon.
Thank you and very well done to everyone who took part – we hope you enjoyed it and will take the challenge again next year!
Thank you too to The Rotary Club of Burnham Beeches, Burnham Joggers, Burnham Parish Council and Tesco Taplow for their help and support with the event. Thanks also to the family members and friends of the BHPT team – we couldn’t have done it without you!
Shirley Shaw and the Burnham Health Promotion Trust team
8th July 2018
Burnham Health Promotion Trust
Burnham Health Centre, Minniecroft Road, Burnham, SL1 7DE
Tel. 01628 661441 firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Charity No. 1066070 Registered Company No. 3435602