Burnham Sports and Activities Day “Marathon Challenge”
Saturday 29th July 2017
How many “marathons” can the people of Burnham complete?
Will you join us on 29th July and take up the challenge?
Here’s what you do
• Run, jog or walk the 1 kilometre path around Burnham Park. We will be counting all the laps completed by everyone during the day to see how many “marathons” in total we can complete (42 laps = a marathon!)
• You can walk or run on your own or you can join up with family, friends or colleagues to complete your own “team marathon” – for example 7 of you could run or walk 6 laps each or 14 of you could do 3 laps each.
• You can make it even more worthwhile by getting sponsored for a charity of your choice. If you will be walking or running for a charity please let us know in advance.
Information for runners –
All runners will complete their laps in the morning, starting at 10.15am.
Runners will be asked to register for the maximum number of laps (1 lap = 1 kilometre) they plan to complete. This can be anything from 1 to 10.
Information for walkers –
There will be 4 start times for walkers: 12 noon, 1pm, 2pm & 3pm. Walkers will be asked to register for the maximum number of laps (1 lap = 1 kilometre) they plan to complete.
For the 12noon start walkers can register for any distance up to 15 laps
For the 1pm start walkers can register for any distance up to 10 laps
For the 2pm start walkers can register for any distance up to 5 laps
For the 3pm start walkers can register for any distance up to 3 laps
Limited places available – make sure you book now!
To book your place call Lisa Pope on 01628 661441 or email email@example.com
• Children under 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
• For everyone’s safety we regret no dogs allowed (except guide dogs)
• Please wear suitable footwear and clothing